Terms & Condition / Privacy
Last Revised: March 30, 2009
Merae.com values your privacy. If you have any questions about this policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at:
568 S. Alameda St., 1st Fl
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Merae.com uses the personal information we collect to provide our services to you. We will not rent, sell or share your personal information with any other company for its own marketing purposes without your consent.
In order to offer you the best possible experience using the Merae.com service, we collect the following information:
1. Personal Information
When you use the Merae.com service, you might supply us with personal information such as your name, address, and mobile phone numbers, email, address, credit card information, age and gender; the name and mobile phone number to whom vouchers have been sent. You may also have the opportunity to provide the email addresses or mobile phone numbers of friends or family members to tell them about the service.
We may combine the information we collect from you with information about you that we receive from other online and offline sources, such as from our merchant partners, in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of the service. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of our combining such information.
From time to time we may offer contests, sweepstakes, giveaways or surveys through the Service which require users to provide some personal information in order to participate. Participation in these activities is voluntary so you can choose whether or not to give us this information.
2. Non-personal Information.
As part of the standard operation of the Merae.com service, we may collect certain non-personal usage information such as products you viewed or searched for, purchase history, dates and times you used the service, etc. We may combine this non-personal information with your personal information.
3. Email or Direct Communications
When you send email or other communications to Merae.com, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you email unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, it relates to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), we are sending you information about our other products and services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others. You may "opt out" of receiving future commercial email communications from us by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of most emails we send; provided, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use your personal and non-personal information for any of the following purposes: (1) to fulfill voucher messaging services and inform the recipient(s) of the sender; (2) to provide products and services to you, including newsletters, offers and advertising; (3) to help address problems with and the functioning of the service; (4) to monitor and conduct internal reviews of the service; (5) to help us better understand and improve the use of the service, and to develop new services; (6) to protect the security and integrity of the service; and (7) to contact you, if necessary or at your request.
Personal and non-personal information on the voucher recipient such as name and phone number will only be used for the purpose of (1) messaging gift vouchers; (2) help address problems with receipt and redemption of vouchers; (3) to help us better understand and improve the use of the service; (4) to protect the security and integrity of the service; and (5) to contact them, if necessary or at their request. The information will not be used for telemarketing purposes without their consent.
Merae.com may share aggregate, non-personal information with our related companies, consultants, advertising clients, merchant partners, service providers, advertising agencies and other third parties.
Merae.com may share your personal information with other parties in the following circumstances:
- When we have your consent.
- Disclose to telecommunications carrier or network providers, related companies, consultants, advertising clients, merchant partners, service providers and advertising agencies, if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us. These companies work with us under confidentiality agreements and are prohibited from making any other use or disclosure of your personal information.
- If we determine that there has been a violation of service policies.
- If we have reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, other users of the service or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
- To provide information to a company that acquires, is acquired by or is merged with Merae.com.
OTHER USES & INFORMATION
- IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet. Web servers (computers that "serve up" web pages) automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from our Website, our servers typically log their IP addresses. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report non-personal aggregate information to others, and to track the use of our Website. IP addresses are considered non-personal information and may also be shared as provided above. It is not our practice to link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable; that is, the visitor’s session will be logged, but the visitor remains anonymous to us. However, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Website rules or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
- Transfer of Assets: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personal information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity, though we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your preferences are followed. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Other: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to notices and counternotices pursuant to our DMCA notice and takedown policy and procedures and/or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
568 S. Alameda St., 1st Fl
Los Angeles, CA 90013
OTHER SITES / LINKS
Merae.com.com may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing products referenced on our Website and banner advertisements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of all third party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
CONTACT & OPT-OUT INFORMATION
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our Website.
© 2008-2009, Merae Corp. All Rights Reserved.